"Every Child is an Artist" ~ Pablo Picasso
Smithtown Elementary School Artsonia participants are ready for the 2015-2016 school year! Artsonia is the world's largest kids art museum!
If you opted to participate in Artsonia last year, there is no need to do anything but enjoy new artworks to be uploaded to your child's personal school galleries this year!
Do you have an email change of address (?) Newsletters and Artsonia promotions are sent to the email address you initially approved and provided. Please send me an email with your new email address, so I can confirm this change and update to your new address.
Forgot your SECURITY KEY required for parents? Send me an email and I can send it to you.
As a reminder...
Participants of Artsonia will have three of your child's artworks that were made in art class uploaded to your child's gallery per year.
If you wish to upload your child's artworks that were made at home, please see directions on how to do this in the **Artsonia Tip** below.
For those who are new to Artsonia (Welcome!) and those who would like to refresh what Artsonia provides ~ You may read below what it has to offer to the Visual Arts program at Smithtown Elementary School.
NEW TO ARTSONIA (?)
In addition to housing student artworks for FREE on their website, our young artists have the opportunity of showcasing their creations in a digital, user-friendly, safe environment. Why Artsonia? Check out below what Artsonia has to offer:
- Houses the largest art museum for kids artwork in the world
- Approved by art professionals and art educators including the N.A.E.A. (National Art Education Association - the world's largest art professional community)
- It's Free! ~ Artworks will be viewed on the Artsonia website only by parent/guardian consent
- ONLY Student first names are used (No last names or links to student school profiles)
- Builds self-efficacy through showcasing student artworks in a friendly digital environment
- Kids develop a new sense of pride and feel like famous artists published in a museum
- Supports literacy in the arts by providing the opportunity for young artists to voice and write artist statements in art class and upload them to their own personal art gallery
- Promotes digital literacy in the arts and simulates young artists being curators of their own artwork housed in the largest art museum for children in the world
- Provides cross-cultural exploration of student artworks from around the globe
- Provides a platform for positive comments to be made about student artworks with parent/guardian consent
- Start a Fan Club! Invite family and friends to view the grand opening and join your child's official Artsonia Fan Club.
- Create a Buzz! Friends and family can leave positive comments about your child's artwork in their guestbook.
- Purchase customized art keepsakes from Artsonia featuring your child's artwork!
- Opportunity to purchase (there is no obligation) your child's (children's) artworks on fun merchandise to benefit and fundraise for the arts at Smithtown Elementary School.
(**If you signed up last year, just enjoy the new uploads of your child's artworks this year, there is no need to submit another permission slip.)
If you are new to Artsonia or did not participate last year and wish to participate this year ~ How can you start viewing your child's artwork on the Artsonia website? We need your permission first. We will provide a permission slip to have you sign. Once we have your consent, you may start enjoying all the benefits that Artsonia has to offer.
The holidays are coming, and Artsonia provides fun merchandise that displays your child's (children's) artwork on them.
Want to be able to upload an artwork that your child (children) created at home? Check out the steps below how to include artworks that are made outside of art class into your personal Artsonia gallery.
PUBLISHING ART FROM HOME
Artsonia stores projects your student creates in their "ePortfolio" creating a record of their growth as an artist. You can even add artwork yourself from home with just a few simple steps:
1. In a bright spot, take a digital photograph of the artwork.
2. Sign into your Artsonia Parent account.
3. Click the tab labeled "Upload Artwork"
4. Artsonia will walk you through the upload and editing process.
5. About 24 hours later, your child's work will be published in their e-portfolio!
Artsonia never deletes its published artworks so your child's work is preserved forever.
If you have any questions about Artsonia, please feel free to contact me at my email address below.
Thank you for your continual support of the arts at Smithtown Elementary School and happy creating!
Smithtown Elementary School