Tips on Taking Digital Photos of Artwork
Here are some tips on how you can take great photos of your artwork using a digital camera.
- Set the resolution of your camera to medium or high resolution.
- Turn off the flash to reduce "bright spots" on the artwork.
- Make sure the area is very well lit. Ideally, using natural sunlight seems to work best.
- Stand squarely in front of the artwork when taking photos. Or, if the artwork is on the ground, stand directly overhead (but be careful of shadows). If you do not, the artwork will look distorted and squeezed on one end.
- If the artwork has last names, place a piece of tape over the last name (for safety reasons for the artist).
- Remember, you can crop, rotate or brighten the image after you upload it, so make sure you capture the entire piece of artwork.